Position: Project Manager - Global SDG 7 Hubs Duration: Contract-based position (1 year), renewable annually based on performance Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka Reports to: Sr. Program Manager, Global SDG7 Hubs Starting Date: Immediate
About Global SDG7 Hubs (G7H):
Global SDG7 Hubs program is a learning platform to position the UN’s SDG 7 as a critical catalyst for a sustainable and equitable future. The idea is to facilitate productive transfers of local knowledge, local expertise, and networks to catalyze the implementation of pro-poor sustainable energy solutions. The platform is proposed to become a cross-learning platform for sustainable energy and development practitioners across Global South. Currently, G7H is working with local partners in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso, etc. to build them as regional hubs within Sub-Saharan Africa
The Project Manager is responsible for managing renewable energy based livelihood, health and incubation programs globally. This role involves project management and execution, stakeholder engagements, cross collaborations etc. to drive sustainable development outcomes at Global SDG7 Hubs.
- Project management and execution : Plan, organize, and oversee the implementation of livelihood and incubation projects globally. Monitor project progress, budgets, and timelines to ensure successful execution.Ensure project deliverables meet quality criteria.
- Documentation and reporting: Developing program documents, tools and frameworks for program execution. Ensure accurate and comprehensive record-keeping of program activities and outcomes. Prepare regular program reports for stakeholders and donors. Perform post-project evaluations and develop impact reports to identify lessons learned and areas for improvement.
- Partnership and stakeholder engagements : Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders such as international partners, NGOs, governments, financial institutes etc. Organize meetings, workshops and other capacity building activities for various stakeholders based on the requirements.
- Cross collaboration : Interact with cross-functional teams internally and externally to achieve project objectives
Qualification & Experience
- Proven experience as a Project Manager or in a similar role
- Good communication skills with an excellent written command to work with international team members from various countries
- Understanding of global social development, livelihood sector, health sector, and sustainable energy is desirable and an experience of working at a global scale will be an added advantage
- Efficient use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visual software skills (e.g. Canva, Adobe Suite or Affinity Suite) are desirable
- Good analytical skills e.g. the ability to derive meaningful relationships in the data to draw meaningful insights using statistical software packages
- Willingness and ability to coordinate with different types of stakeholders in regional countries
- The ability to work effectively on a global scale and adapt to diverse cultural contexts is crucial for success in this role.
- Willingness to participate in field activities/surveys and travel to remote areas within the region
- Share your detailed CV along with a thoughtfully articulated cover letter with us. To apply, send your application to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, kindly use: “Application for Project Manager_G7H”.
- Kindly also mention your current CTC and the expected CTC as part of the email.*Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- As part of the onboarding process we generally conduct 3 rounds of interviews (one of them being a face to face interview), along with 1-2 assignments to evaluate the candidate’s abilities and strength in the subject matter.
- We will also seek professional references and other necessary documents (id, tax, payslips, etc.) if we finalize the candidature for the position, this will be collected after the announcement of our decision, but before sharing the offer letter
Inclusivity and Equal Opportunities:
At Global SDG7 Hubs, inclusivity and equal opportunities are at the core of our ethos. We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, inviting all to join us on this transformative journey towards an inclusive and sustainable future. For a deeper insight into our impactful initiatives, explore our website - Global SDG7 Hubs.
Legal Eligibility to Work:
Please note that Global SDG 7 Hubs is unable to provide support/ sponsorship for work visas. Therefore, candidates applying for this position should have legal eligibility to work in India.