Position: Project Manager Technology (Renewable Energy) - Global SDG 7 Hubs Program Job Title: Project Manager Technology (Renewable Energy) - Drive Sustainable Energy Nexus Duration: Contract-based position (1 year), renewable annually based on performance Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka Reports to: Sr. Program Manager, Global SDG7 Hubs Starting Date: Immediate
About Global SDG7 Hubs (G7H):
Global SDG7 Hubs program is a learning platform to position the UN’s SDG 7 as a critical catalyst for a sustainable and equitable future. The idea is to facilitate productive transfers of local knowledge, local expertise, and networks to catalyze the implementation of pro-poor sustainable energy solutions. The platform is proposed to become a cross-learning platform for sustainable energy and development practitioners across Global South. Currently, G7H is working with local partners in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso, etc. to build them as regional hubs within Sub-Saharan Africa.
Are you a seasoned professional with a deep-rooted passion for solar technology? Are you motivated to contribute your expertise to empower communities through sustainable energy solutions? We invite you to be a Project Manager Technology (Renewable Energy) at Global SDG7 Hubs, igniting transformative change in energy access and design for underserved regions.
- Strategic Implementation: Work on identification, development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of impactful technical projects across diverse countries in the Global South, harnessing the power of solar technology.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to conceive, design, and deliver innovative last-mile solar solutions that bring about tangible improvements in community well-being.
- In-depth Research: Conduct rigorous technical market research to identify pertinent solar technologies tailored and efficient solutions in livelihoods and health sectors to specific geographies. Map ecosystem stakeholders across regions and actively contribute to the creation, refinement, and review of ongoing research documents
- Site Engagement and Energy Optimization: Take charge of coordinating and executing site surveys, energy audits, and meticulous solar system designs. Manage procurement activities, selecting fitting solar products, technologies, and solutions while ensuring quality and vendor negotiation.
- Holistic Insight into Solar Ecosystem: Conduct comprehensive research into the solar technology ecosystem, encompassing user insights, market dynamics, and meticulous financial analysis to drive informed solar-focused decision-making.
- Solar Solution Deployment: Work with the team for the execution, implementation, and oversight of servicing and troubleshooting for solar-based last-mile solutions, ensuring seamless operations and optimal solar energy performance.
- Customization for Solar Efficiency: Collaborate closely with end-users and solar technology vendors and our partners on ground to customise solutions, enhancing solar energy efficiency and aligning products with unique requirements
- Solar Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks: Contribute to the development of robust Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks for solar technology projects, ensuring measurable impact assessment. Support the creation of templates for the solar technology incubation program.
- Solar Empowerment of Stakeholders: Conduct comprehensive training sessions for stakeholders on key solar technology aspects, empowering them with vital solar insights. Simultaneously, establish a structured process and knowledge repository for solar technology-related outcomes within the G7H ambit.
- Educational Background: Graduate or postgraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, or a related field with a strong emphasis on solar technology
- Professional Experience: 4 - 5 years of hands-on experience in the renewable energy sector with a predominant focus on solar technology.
- Solar Affinity: A profound interest and familiarity with solar technology (design, implementation, maintenance, etc.), its trends, and its intricate ecosystem.
- Innovation-driven: Keen interest in exploring the confluence of solar energy with community well-being and health.
- Global Development Acumen: An understanding of the workings of the global development sector would be an added advantage.
- Procurement Expertise: Experience in setting up procurement processes for organisations and successfully engaging with vendors is desirable.
- Highly Motivated: A motivated, responsible, and adaptable individual with a resourceful approach
- Willingness to Travel: Readiness to travel in pursuit of our shared mission
If you are a dedicated professional with a strong solar technology background and resonate with our vision, we invite you to apply. Share your detailed CV along with a thoughtfully articulated cover letter with us.To apply, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. and cc to email@example.com. In the subject line, kindly use: "Application for Project Manager - Technology." Applications will be accepted until 20th of September 2023 and will be selected on a rolling basis.Kindly also mention your current CTC and the expected CTC as part of the email.*Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Inclusivity and Equal Opportunities:
At Global SDG7 Hubs, inclusivity and equal opportunities are at the core of our ethos. We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, inviting all to join us on this transformative journey towards an inclusive and sustainable future. For a deeper insight into our impactful initiatives, explore our website. Your solar-driven voyage of contributing to meaningful change begins here.
Legal Eligibility to Work:
Please note that Global SDG 7 Hubs is unable to provide support/ sponsorship for work visas. Therefore, candidates applying for this position should have legal eligibility to work in India.