Position: Architect, Implementation (full time) Location: Bangalore, Karnataka Starting date: Immediately Minimum work experience: 4 years
Job Description: The built environment team within the SELCO foundation works across a large spectrum of projects looking at infrastructure needs for the poor. The program types range from housing, livelihoods, healthcare and other public institutions.
About the Role & Responsibilities
- Undertake community awareness and capacity building along with co-design / participatory design activities
- Research and documentation both secondary and primary in nature
- Anchoring design conceptualisation for project sites. Developing GFC drawings and Specifications in coordination with structural and service engineers. Has to be familiar with tendering processes.
- Managing partnerships with architectural consultants, governments, NGOs, technology innovators suited within the team portfolio
- Wherever relevant, support the team on tradespersons training i.e. contractors, masons, fabricators etc
- Take lead on implementation targets and planning for the same with the team
- Undertake regular visits to the project sites for survey and implementation monitoring
- Architectural Degree with minimum 4 years strong implementation experience
- Adept at AutoCAD software, Sketchup or any 3D modelling software, Photoshop or equivalent and Excel/ Spreadsheets
- Adept at coordinating between multiple team members
- Analytical in approach and problem solving. Possess strategic thinking
- Strong organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with grassroot stakeholders
- Should understand, articulate, and communicate with different stakeholders
- Ability to stay motivated when working independently
- Ability to structure, track and monitor tasks and their progress
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application: Project Architect ‐ Built Environment”:           1. Resume           2. Portfolio of Works SELCO is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates from marginalised communities, genders, sexuality, religions, and abilities to apply to become a part of the organisation.