SELCO Foundation is a not-for profit, public charitable trust. It was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. SELCO Foundation seeks to inspire and implement solutions that alleviate poverty by improving access to sustainable energy to underserved communities across India in a manner that is socially, financially, and environmentally sustainable.
SELCO Foundation’s key objectives include:
- Systematically identify diverse needs of the poor, understand and define the role of sustainable development, poverty alleviation and decentralized energy.
- Create and deploy innovative solutions that positively impact well- being, health, education and livelihoods towards the alleviation of poverty.
- Foster the development of enabling conditions or an ecosystem through holistic thought processes in technology, finance, entrepreneurship and policy. Currently the foundation works across 10 states in India.
Rationale of the Position:
Documentation of all the works of SELCO Foundation in the form of videos, narrative reports, infographics, MIS, MnE, case studies etc is very important for us. Approaching our work in a systematic way of research, evaluations and capturing the learning of successes and failures is also important for further improvising our work, replicating, scaling and program design. Facilitating the procurement of such services and supporting the documentation teams is the key role of this position:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely associate with the departments to understand the annual plan of procuring soft skills to complete deliverables like evaluations, monitoring, video documentation, research, etc.
- Create a database of service providers like evaluation organizations and individual consultants, video makers, researchers in all geographies.
- Float the ToRs to onboard consultants or service providers till the cycle of signing service agreements
- Ensure smooth onboarding of such service providers as well as track and monitor their contract timelines
- Closely track the timelines and deliverables of the service providers also ensure timely payments. Desirable Profile
- Degree in communications, relevant streams /equivalent qualification with a minimum of 6 to 7 years’ experience
- Must have good people management and interpersonal skills.
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated, ability to multitask and operate with minimal guidance
Send in your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for the post of Assistant Manager – Procurement” Profiles will be reviewed and selected on rolling basis. Compensation will be commensurate with experience/calibre and in line with the organizational structure.