Position: Digital Media Coordinator, Outreach & Communications, SELCO Foundation (full time, 6 months’ probation period) Years of Experience: 3-5 years Location: SELCO Foundation, Bangalore Starting date: Immediately Salary : Based on Experience
About SELCO Foundation:
SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in tribal, rural and urban poor areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy to poverty eradication. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, health, livelihoods with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors. You can find more information about SELCO Foundation on our organization website.
SELCO Foundation is looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about working in the overall sustainable energy sector for last mile communities. The broader goal is to use decentralized renewable energy to facilitate increased incomes and productivity, improve well being, reduce drudgery etc. through the integration of climate inclusive technologies into livelihood practices for the underserved communities.
Key responsibilities for the position :
- Design & implement the organization’s social media strategy and manage cross-platform editorial calendar. Day-to-day activities to include ideation, writing, and posting organic and paid messages to social media, private social networks, and other channels
- Drive digital advocacy and social outreach in alignment with organizational mission and objectives
- Develop an integrated social media plan that engages key internal and external stakeholders and drives engagement
- Track strategic metrics; analyze, review, and prepare reports on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results
- Review ad-copies, optimize paid campaigns; review audience preferences and track current trends
- Single handedly design & execute cross-platform social media campaigns to amplify
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering prime slots, upcoming organizational events, as well as industry trends
- Drive knowledge transfer through social media, enhance key audience engagement on social media by utilizing the latest tools to create robust social media content for the organization.
- Assist with development of graphics and/or live and pre-recorded video for social media. Help design social media graphics, in coordination with the Design team and create effective communication, in coordination with the Content team, with a focus on alignment with organizational priorities.
- Excellent command over English language and ability to create social media specific content is a must
- Basic knowledge of photo & video editing would be an added advantage
Who can apply:
- Practical, hands-on experience of a minimum of 3 years in – social media marketing or content development.
- Self-motivated, responsible and should be engaged and highly interested in the developmental agenda.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Comfortable with social channels native metrics and tools
- Likes to strategize and plan in collaboration with a team – but comfortable working proactively toward key goals.
- Knowledge of any other local languages – Hindi, Kannada, Odiya and Assamese (optional)
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Willingness to travel.