Hiring for the position of the Principal Investment Officer
Position: Principal Investment Officer (full time, 3 months probation period) Location: Bengaluru Reporting to: Investment Committee Starting date: Immediate Sector: Social Venture Fund focusing on decentralized renewable energy enterprises Remuneration: Commensurate with industry standard & candidate experience Notes: Preference will be given to candidates having the experience of working in the development sector or with social enterprises
About SELCO Energy Access Fund
SELCO Energy Access Fund is a social investment vehicle with a mandate to enhance energy access to under- served populations. The Fund is fundamentally different from other social venture funds as the focus will be on entrepreneurs/enterprises who are unable to tap into other sources of funding due to social, demographic, language, education, cultural or other barriers. This Fund will attach more value to social returns than financial returns. It aims to fill a gap in the energy access ecosystem to provide access to patient capital and related capacity building for small, medium and large enterprises in India in order to pursue and deploy strong impact centred missions. The Fund supports (but is not limited to) early and seed stage energy enterprises in India.
Principal Investment Officer – Job profile:
The person will be part of the Core team and will be responsible for day-to-day management of the Fund with assistance on identification, selection, due diligence and monitoring & evaluation. Primary role involves support in building pipelines, due diligence and potential investee analysis to create an integrated impact and financial report to be presented to investment committee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategizing channels for identification of potential investees with a focus on channels that bring out enterprises other than “usual suspects”.
- Conduct due diligence on potential social enterprise investment opportunities in the target sector.
- Preparing investment memorandums and presenting it to the investment committee
- Assist in structuring the investment deal and prepare investment documentation
- Assists to develop and manage relationships with investors and other partners
- Participate in meetings, conferences and events led or attended by key stakeholders or potential partners in the sector
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, legislation and procedures with appropriate allied partners
- Collect, compile and maintain due diligence related documents from shortlisted companies
- Follow up with companies in completing documentation, suitable financial management and compliance requirements pending with various authorities
- Preparation of reports in compliance with various regulatory authorities and ensuring strict adherence to timeline for the same
- Support in analysis of financial and social data and information collected from companies against the benchmarks set
- Regular updating of trackers, reporting formats and documents relating to the Fund
- Support in cash flow management, accounting and preparation & maintenance of finance related documents and files so as to help them manage documentation related bottlenecks in investment process
- Relevant professional qualification or work experience and/or Masters in the field of Finance
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in Investment Management
- Experience in investment processes and ability to understand, interpret and advise on business and financial strategy for social enterprises
- Experience of working in the renewable energy sector
- Experience of working in the development sector
- Experience in the implementation of systems and performance measurement processes
- Ability to think creatively about investment solutions targeted at rural enterprises
- Strong networking skills
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and tenacity in completing tasks
- Willing to travel within the country