Designation: Product Designer. Reporting to: Program Manager, Animal Husbandry. Years of Experience: 4 to 5 years. Location: Headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka with pan India operations. Travel: As required Working Days and shifts: Monday to Saturday - 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM Language: English, Hindi. Interview Process: Initial call (telephonic or Skype/Zoom) followed by an in-person interview. Start date: Immediately.
SELCO Foundation, a not-for-profit, engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for development of decentralized renewable energy solutions that alleviate poverty in urban, rural, and tribal poor areas. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, build environment, health, skill development, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors. Foundation seeks to inspire and implement socially, financially, and environmentally inclusive solutions by improving access to sustainable energy.
About the position: AH Dept, SELCO Foundation.
This position would require the candidate to work on the innovation process in the organization with Animal Husbandry Team. Having a strong design thinking process, product development, and industry manufacturability knowledge would be needed. The candidate is expected to be entrepreneurial and adapt to varying situations and organizational requirements. In this role, the candidate would play a key role in ensuring that the values, philosophy, and ecosystem approaches of the organization are demonstrated in a consistent manner across the work portfolio.
- To work with AH team to come up with the new design ideas for Animal Value chain solutions.
- To enable all program teams to be able to collect, aggregate and support analysis of problem statements seamlessly (Machine and user perspective problems)
- Develop standardized design development process template with timeline for each stage of the program.
- Build a database of external vendors, fabricators, manufacturers and consultants to work with them when required on need/project bases.
- To work with the incubation team and provide design support to the innovators/incubates.
- To help the Improve the Problem Identification Database with design support and mentorship.
- Understand the problem statements and come up with the market research and preparing the product manuals, training documents, and In-depth research documents.
- Documentation of successes and failures of a design interventions
- Masters in mechanical or Industrial designing or any equivalent background and previous experience in machine designing and software.
- Experience in the AutoCAD or Fusion 360 or Randor or SketchUp software’s.
- Willingness to travel for 10-15 days in a month.
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful, and flexible, Ability to multitask, good communication skills
- Language: English and Hindi.
- Interest and ability to communicate with communities, stakeholders, and other team members.
- Ability to stay motivated when working independently
- Interested to work with energy and technology needs for Decentralized renewable energy-based Livelihoods.