Position: Program Manager - Knowledge & Research (full time, 6 months’ probation period)Location: Bhubaneswar Starting date: Immediately Experience: 5 -8 Years Travel: 5 - 10 days in a month Application Process: On Rolling Basis
About the Role
SELCO Foundation is looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about working in the development sector with focus on providing access to sustainable energy for livelihoods and health for last mile communities in Odisha. The broader goal is to use decentralized renewable energy to facilitate dignified living, increased incomes, reduced drudgery and improved work productivity through the integration of climate inclusive technologies into livelihood practices for the underserved communities in Odisha.As the Senior Knowledge and Research Manager, you should have a good sectoral understanding, local ecosystem awareness, experience in conducting research studies as well as proven experience in team management ; who is able to adapt to diverse situations and organizational requirements.The Knowledge & Research team expected to conduct deep-dive studies and work towards creating evidence and knowledge products that bring out the organization’s approach. It also conducts landscape studies which help inform the strategy and direction of the Odisha programs. The team also anchors some key tasks that aim towards improved dissemination amongst the team members and other stakeholders.
- Anchoring and managing (end to end) the Knowledge & Research division of SELCO Foundation’s Odisha Team.
- Keeping abreast with trends and narratives emerging in the livelihood and health sector in Odisha and planning for the team's activities accordingly.
- Building a complete understanding of the livelihood and health sector in Odisha and mapping nodal points to ensure successful implementation and integration within the Energy nexus.
- Anchoring critical research and learning exercises to communicate key practices, approaches and strategy for various programs planned by the Odisha team.
- Anchoring and managing all research-led interventions in Odisha to ensure a seamless flow of information consistent with the organization’s philosophy.
- Developing critical content by accumulating information from the program- implementation team, through literature studies, consultations and field visits- based on priority and relevance to external stakeholders.
- Analyzing the information gathered in a quantitative and qualitative manner in order to convert them into knowledge products for the Odisha team and the organization as a whole.
- Identifying and documenting lessons learned through past programs and implications for the Odisha team’s next steps. Analyzing the data and preparing reports and decks for the program team.
- Anchoring and delivering on new and innovative ways to communicate key learnings, concepts, processes and approaches for improved uptake within the organization and outside through increased cross-sharing.
- Working with the communications team to determine how best to share these learnings and knowledge with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Encouraging a culture of knowledge-sharing and collaborative work within the Odisha team.
- Conduct regular team meetings as well as program specific meetings to update all members on best practices and continuing expectations and vision.