Position : Program Manager, Outreach & Communications, SELCO Foundation (full time, 6 months’ probation period) Years of Experience: 8-10 years Location: SELCO Foundation, Bangalore Starting date: Immediately Salary : Based on Experience
About SELCO Foundation:
SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in tribal, rural and urban poor areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy to poverty eradication. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, health, livelihoods with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors. You can find more information about SELCO Foundation on our organization website.
SELCO Foundation is looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about working in the overall sustainable energy sector for last mile communities. The broader goal is to use decentralized renewable energy to facilitate increased incomes and productivity, improve well being, reduce drudgery etc. through the integration of climate inclusive technologies into livelihood practices for the underserved communities. The Program Manager for Outreach & Communications at SELCO Foundation will be a key resource to accumulate information from various departments of the organization, treating/editing/compiling it for the purpose of various external stakeholders as well as planning and executing a dissemination strategy. The forms of content will include but not be limited to articles, case studies, research reports, videos and dissemination channels. This will include but not be limited to various print and online news agencies and content platforms, organization owned websites and blogs, special interest magazines as well as on partner platforms. The Program Manager would ascertain creative outreach strategies for various departments and geographies, analyze budgetary requirements and execution plans for the outreach needs of the organization. He/She will work with other departmental leads in advocating for the learnings that the organization is collating with the help of various tools and techniques utilized in communication.
Key responsibilities for the position:
- Understand and analyze ongoing and past work at SELCO Foundation, including priority areas, key projects/programmes/ work themes
- Gauge the external communication landscape of other organizations & influencers, in the energy access, SDGs and allied work spaces
- Able to use both information sources - carve a niche, rigorously and regularly communicate the work and concepts to the external audiences & stakeholders via a detailed content building and content dissemination plan
- Develop media relations and partnerships to disseminate the communication materials to various channels and ensure publication
- Manage & mentor team members beyond the communication team based in Bangalore, and other offices for writing and management of outreach and communications while adhering to strict timelines
- Keep a track of publications and the reach gained, evaluate results, provide suggestions of course corrections and build the same into new plans made
- Ascertain individual program/partners/funder needs and be able to integrate these into larger plans of the team and execute the same
- Liaise with partners, especially peers in other organizations to build joint communication strategies and dissemination plans
- Mentor, manage and lead the communications team to deliver the set targets / deliverables
- Develop and manage of all web presence, including website, allied web portals, and social media presence
- Oversee preparation of quarterly newsletters for internal and external organizational updates
- Track of regional, national and global events and representation and collaboration at key sectoral events
Who can apply:
- Practical, hands-on experience of a minimum of 8 years in creative writing, journalism, media, communication strategy, social media, communication, PR or an allied field
- Experience in journalism, media relations or creative writing and editorial management is required. Mixed/diverse experiences are preferred
- Self-motivated, responsible and should be engaged and highly interested in the developmental agenda
- Ability to learn quickly from multiple subject areas and be a team player with excellent managerial and people skills to mentor and motivate other team members
- Strong operational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of any other local languages – Hindi, Kannada, Odiya and Assamese (optional)
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Willingness to travel.
Please click HERE to apply for the open position. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. We look forward to hearing from people who identify with the vision of SELCO Foundation’s work.!