Position: Program Manager, Skill Institute ( Contractual, 1 Year ) Vertical: Skill Institute Years of Experience: 7+ years Location: SELCO Foundation, Bengaluru Starting date: Immediately
About SELCO Foundation:
SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in tribal, rural and urban poor areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy to poverty eradication. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, health, livelihoods with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors. More information about SELCO Foundation is on our organization website.
Background on SELCO's Skill Institute:
The goal of the SELCO Skilling Institute is to enhance human resources for the overall distributed renewable energy ecosystem. The Institute aims to develop and make available training and capacity building procedures to meet the needs identified along the sustainable energy sector’s value chain. Key deliverable of the SELCO Skill Institute includes-
- Find, create and keep enhancing specialized end to end training models that are comprehensive , hands-on, and practical
- Identify and create a pool of DRE expertise within different development sector experts, instructors and resource people and built their capacities to integrate DRE thought processes, design and implementation + monitoring into current roles
- Offer services for quality evaluation and certification
SELCO Foundation is looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about working in the overall sustainable energy sector for enhancing human resources required and develop and make available training and capacity building procedures to meet the needs identified along the sustainable energy sector’s value chainAs the Program Manager for training and capacity building one should have a good sectorial understanding, as well as proven experience in strategic planning, managing a cross-cultural team, developing and monitoring partnerships, coordinating between multiple crucial stakeholders (both internal and external); who is able to adapt to diverse situations and organizational requirements.
Key responsibilities for the position:
❖ Program design and strategy:
- Building a complete understanding of the skill forces required for the sustainable energy sector and mapping key training and capacity building programs required to ensure successful implementation of the solar energy programs.
- Brainstorming with the internal team of all the verticals for understanding the requirement of the trainings and developing training modules focusing on the sustainable energy
- Maintaining the database of the institutes conducting the similar category of the skill trainings across India
❖ Program management :
- Building partnership with technical training institutes , Incubation Centre / Incubator, financiers training institute, Govt. Dept. , Grassroots Organizations “NGOs,/ CBOs,” International agencies like SE4ALL ETC. for co-designing the DRE training programs
- Set the process for the identification and empanelment of the region specific resource persons / experts/ trainers for the DRE training programs.
- Streamlining and finalization of the training model and content for different categories of training program with the support of expertise
- Developing Learning Management System for all category of the trainings to implement and assess the training procedures
- Developing overall strategy and plans for the DRE skilling sectors
- Overall monitoring and evaluation of the quality of training and ensuring documentation on the impact of training by coordinating with the MEL and Knowledge team.
Who can apply?
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in planning, developing and executing skill development programs.
- Equivalent experience in identifying gaps and understanding the training and capacity building requirement for the energy sector.
- Domain expertise and knowledge of social sector issues in India with a specific focus on skill development and energy is preferred.
- Experience in developing DRE skill strategy
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willingness to travel extensively in difficult terrains within and outside the State as and when required.
- Demonstrating proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capability and ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment. Willingness to learn, grow and develop at personal and professional front, at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve. Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.