Position: Senior Program Manager - Agri + Allied Innovation (full time, 6 months’ probation period) Years of Experience: 12+ years Location: SELCO Foundation, Bengaluru Starting : Immediately
About SELCO Foundation:
SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in tribal, rural and urban poor areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy to poverty eradication. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, health, livelihoods with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors.As one of the priority development verticals, SELCO Foundation is actively integrating sustainable energy driven solutions for challenges in Agriculture + Allied sectors. Under the agriculture vertical, SELCO Foundation has been working on specific value chains such as Millets, Rice, Pulses whereas the Allied sector covers value chains pertaining to Dairy, Poultry, Piggery etc. as well as value addition in these sectors.You can find more information about SELCO Foundation on our organization website.
SELCO Foundation is looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about working in the overall sustainable energy sector for last mile communities. The broader goal is to use decentralized renewable energy to facilitate increased incomes and productivity, improve well being, reduce drudgery etc. through the integration of climate inclusive technologies into livelihood practices for the underserved communities.As the Senior Program Manager, you should have a good sectoral understanding, and proven experience in operational management and strategy, team management, coordination between multiple departments and stakeholders; who is able to adapt to diverse situations and organizational requirements.The SPM is also expected to focus on formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources as well as securing compliances within the organization . You should be willing to mentor the teams, find ways to increase quality of output, and implement best practices across all levels.
Key responsibilities for the position:
- Anchoring and streamlining the Agri + Allied innovation portfolio of SELCO Foundation.
- Providing meaningful direction and necessary support to the Agri + Allied portfolio (at central and regional level) for developing strategy, operations in planning, execution and monitoring of the ongoing innovation programs.
- Supporting ecosystem building activities and needs in areas across strategy, technology, unlocking finance, skill building, linkages, converging with local schemes and policies etc.
- Building a rapport and coordinating with key stakeholder groups such as local communities, NGOs, and various government departments/ agencies for effective implementation of the Agri+Allied innovation activities.
- Ensuring coordination with other teams within the organization for smooth implementation of the ecosystem approach and for greater cross-learning.
- Enhancing the technology innovation + operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, enhanced management reporting and looking for opportunities to expand systems where required.
- Developing an operational plan for mapping the needs of the community through energy efficient renewable energy-based interventions in order to enhance the livelihoods, current level of engagement with the community, stakeholders’ involvement etc.
- Preparing annual budgets of the Agri + Allied innovation program.
- Co-designing the financing programs for Decentralised Renewable Energy Solutions and unlocking finances through banks , MFIs , Central and State Govt. Schemes.
- Effectively tracking, analyzing and sharing reports on weekly / monthly / quarterly performance of the projects and programs by capturing key risks, learnings and challenges.Overall monitoring and evaluating the quality of implementations.
- Regularly organizing and facilitating training workshops for the teams to develop their skills, building their capacity on an individual and team level.
- Creative problem solving for operational challenges and escalating where required.
- Ensuring organizational, operational and assessment processes and guidelines are adhered to.
Who can apply:
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience is preferred; supporting operational management and leadership.
- Background or Education in agricultural sciences, agri engineering and/or livestock management will be preferred.
- Work experience in the development sector with focus on Agri+Allied livelihoods and/or sustainable energy and/or technology innovation is preferable.
- Strong operational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop at personal and professional front, at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Willingness to travel.