A. Project title:
Developing and maintaining the PHP-based MIS web interface
B. Description of the position:
SELCO Foundation seeks to inspire and implement socially, financially, and environmentally inclusive solutions by improving access to sustainable energy. It has established a PHP-based MIS software. The software is capturing the program implementation data at various levels and for monitoring the performance of the intervention. SELCO Foundation is looking for an IT consultant to work within our M&E team to develop and maintain the PHP-based MIS web interface. Your primary focus will be working on existing MIS software maintenance of the central database and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the program and research teams.
The following is the broad-level list of activities.
- Understand SFs IT requirements for establishing a robust MIS platform, defining the scope of engagement and planning timelines
- Provide technical support and guidance in developing efficient MIS software
- Developing analytical dashboards as per the SFs requirement
- Provide technical support to resolve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Capacity building of the in-house IT team on the application and maintenance of the MIS software
- Preparation of SOP for MIS software maintenance, revision, and usage
- Prepare guidelines on security aspects of all IT Service management
- Coordinating with Technical consulting firm and internal teams
D. Technical Skills and qualifications:
- 10-to 15 years of previous work experience as a PHP Developer and server management
- Strong knowledge of PHP 7 web frameworks and Understanding of the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Expertise in developing applications using open source (Java/php/python), relational databases, computer networking, Web services, and general IT architecture.
- Also, expertise with database Admin/Query skills for MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Based UI’s
- Ability of Apache Webservers, Application servers, Tomcat
- Knowledge of hosting environment in AWS or in premises
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
E. Period of engagement:
- Initially 2 to 3 months
- Further based on requirements
F. Consultancy fee:
The Selco Foundation shall pay the consultant a fixed amount as per the agreement.
G. Interested Candidates should apply by presenting the following Documents
Letter of Expression of Interest and Availability
- Credentials of the consultant – Brief bio-sketch
- Previous work and reports
- Understanding of the Scope of Work
- Financial proposal
The Last date for sending the application is 15 Sep 2022
Eligible Interested consultants are requested to submit their proposals with all supporting documents as indicated in the eligibility criteria to email@example.com. The subject line of the e-mail should read ‘IT consultant-Developing and maintaining the PHP-based MIS web interface’